QAN 0.33% $6.09 qantas airways limited

I disagree. I think people from all nations will cancel or delay...

1. 203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236

I disagree. I think people from all nations will cancel or delay travel plans to any country until this subsides - Australia isn't prepared at all to combat this virus. As they were equally unprepared to fight the bush-fires. The staff at the front lines are the best hope we have and in both cases they have been calling for extra support for the government for months (Doctors have been calling on the Federal government to release the 30 million face masks the Government has in emergency storage for weeks now, similar to the NSW RFS asking for more aircraft and support years ago). It appears the Australian Government is more inclined to spend $100 billion on US made fighter jets that can't actually shoot or fly, than to develop systems and processes that help Australians.

People won't travel to Australia because Australia is as ill-prepared as any other country. Our medical systems already suffer greatly during a normal flu season, let alone a virus pandemic. So, no, Australia isn't any safer.

Keep in mind that any Government response has a massive constraint: it is wholly reliant on people who are symptomatic or asymptomatic to identify themselves and seek treatment - people have failed to do so, time and time again. Qatar, Qantas, and many other airlines have had people land in Australia, fall ill, and only attend a hospital a week after their sickness failed to disappear. A couple in NZ, who recently arrived from Northern Italy, thought it would be a good idea to attend a rock concert.... after which the male was diagnosed with coronavirus. An perfect example of the modern human's impatience and egoism, putting their own importance above that of the entire populous.

As per the above examples, our weakness links are people and government ill-preparedness. Unfortunately both people and governments are generally stupid and always assume it won't happen to them.

So, no, Australian isn't and won't be a suddenly desirable destination for tourists.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
-0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $9.923B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.14 $6.15 $6.06 $127.6M 20.96M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 358510 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.10 85 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.