QAN 1.30% $6.09 qantas airways limited

You guys keep banging on about international flights even though...

1. 1,277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 335
    You guys keep banging on about international flights even though many here have said often that QF makes 3/5s of bugger all profit on Int'l routes. Yes there are costs associated with having aircraft sitting idle but the LAME's cost is pretty much insignificant in the big scheme of things as much of the work is done on downtime ( due to them not having so many other flights to look after currently ) .
    Once things settle a bit more the amount of travel domestically is going to be outrageous and THAT is where QF has always made its big profits so currently there is a lot of upside .... no Int'l travel means people will be travelling more domestically and QF will be adding so many more domestic flights each week , thats the beauty of Aust being a big island - QF has inadvertently gained a captive market and that captive market just happens to be in the area where QF makes it best profit .
    As far as QF fleet getting a bit "long in the tooth" yes, you are correct there in terms of actual age of the aircraft but aircraft are not really measured by years they are measured by "flying hours" which as i said they have done a lot less of than would have been expected and anticipated ....... still seems like upside to me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
-0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $9.923B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.19 $6.19 $6.09 $27.74M 4.524M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 85805 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.11 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.