QAN 4.53% $6.46 qantas airways limited

I had my second AZ shot today so personally have no objections...

1. 10,565 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1392
    I had my second AZ shot today so personally have no objections against vaccination.

However whether the medical establishment or politicians like it or not, in the past Australia has had problems with adverse occurences that from memory weren't foreseeable immediate vaccines were approved. IIRC the USA did not approve Thalidomide for use but Australia's regulator (in the 1950s) did: the result was some babies born with missing arms or legs Terrible.

If QAN employees have genuine reasons to be hesitant about receiving AstraZenaca, Pfizer, Moderna or any other vaccine shots re COVID-19, I agree it's not the business of their employer to mandate it.

The Federal Coalition Government's policy of 'voluntary vaccinations, but we encourage it' is sensible.

If the QAN CEO spent as much time on ensuring his lacklustre, politically correct airline provided the service for which so many Asian airlines are renowned, maybe QAN would attract more passengers instead of in 'normal times' when at least two thirds of international passengers departing or arriving Oz travel on a non-QAN Group airline.

Instead, he loves directing staff, no doubt to the chagrin of a minority larger than his spin acknowledges.

How many answered the employee survey in the way the CEO wanted, but think otherwise?

In recent years, I have almost completely avoided QAN. One typically pays more for mediocre service from it, but airlines like Japan, Korean, Philippine, Singapore and others from Asia provide way a generally better experience on board (you never get a 'humph? the way some QAN staff approach passengers, and nor are you ignored on these Asian carriers) and can in many or most cases deliver better value all round with larger networks (in the past pre-COVID-19) of connecting flights, pleasant staff at their home or other local airports and better punctuality performance than QAN or Jetstar.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.46
Change
0.280(4.53%)
Mkt cap ! $10.52B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.23 $6.47 $6.21 $72.16M 11.31M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 469 $6.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.46 14171 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.