QAN 0.68% $5.85 qantas airways limited

If I was a young pilot and I was told I have to fly to Adelaide...

1. 38 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    If I was a young pilot and I was told I have to fly to Adelaide however that there were no business class seats available but that the airline could bump someone back into economy, I would have stopped for a second and considered the situation: I am a 20 or 30 something pilot, who is young and fit, who can easily spend a flight in economy to see how my passengers fly, and I can ensure that our business class passenger is undisturbed. Hell, I might even learn something by speaking to some passengers. Furthermore, what am I here for? I am here to work for Qantas and to serve the passengers. They indirectly employ me. I work for them.

The above would have been the reasoning of a properly trained pilot who was trained by an airline to put customer service first, to put passengers first, ensuring that every employee remembers that they are important, however that they must do everything they can to make individual passengers feel appreciated.

It is well known that Qantas has no customer service.

The fact that (1) Qantas allowed for this to happen (2) the pilot didn't insist on flying economy in order not to disturb a paying customer and (3) Qantas thinks it is entirely appropriate, signals the end of this dinosaur. Clearly the mentality at Qantas is one of such protected privilege that this airline, who you entrust with your life, doesn't give two hoots about you - they will gladly kick you back into economy, or off the plane entirely (hopefully whilst it is still on the ground), if their staff want to sit in your business class seat.

I am sure it cost the passenger over $10k to fly him and his wife to NZ and back. I hope he doesn't spend a single more cent at Qantas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.85
Change
-0.040(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $9.532B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.84 $5.91 $5.84 $38.05M 6.494M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 22710 $5.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.86 26030 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.