QBE 0.77% $18.37 qbe insurance group limited

Gotta give props where it's deserved, well done for at least...

1. 4,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226
    Gotta give props where it's deserved, well done for at least putting out there your theory on why think it'll drop to $2.50 - respect! Lots of loonies pull figures out of their backside with absolutely no rationale whatsoever, so at least you're not one of them lol.

HOWEVER, I do not agree with a lot of what you said above. It may be factual, no argument there, but the point I'm making is whether the current SP represents potentially a good opportunity for those willing to hold medium/long term based on "current fundamentals".

You state they haven't learnt their lesson.....what I see if they've just replaced their CEO who some blame for the last few years of "mis-management".....I see this is a positive and every chance he will want to make a statement and turn the ship around!

You state their investments are poor choices in the current economic climate......What I see happenening are interest rates rising in the US which I believe will then be followed by others thereafter in the next 5 years......How will their investments look then?

You state they are exiting businesses on the cheap......I see them exited businesses which are burning cash and underperforming bringing the whole group down - nothing wrong with that, remember they are still highly profitable even without this.

You haven't mentioned a weakening AUD.....arguably its got a fair bit to go as the US economy keeps picking up - majority of income earned in USD. What will earnings per share factor be with this event.

Ohhh and whilst you're on the topic of books, I'll raise you one - go and buy Peter Thornhill's "Motivated Money" as it'll change the way you look at the market.....again!

Happy Investing

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.37
Change
0.140(0.77%)
Mkt cap ! $27.59B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.38 $18.47 $18.30 $74.92M 4.077M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 26051 $18.36

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.38 250 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.