QHL 2.17% 22.5¢ quickstep holdings limited

There are a couple of issues at play. First off, finding a buyer...

1. 1,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 246
    There are a couple of issues at play. First off, finding a buyer for QHL as a whole is tricky.

Margins are very low and it bounces around break-even. This means a new player would need to either have a swag of good work it could put in or a lot of experience in a technology field which has a small gene pool.

Second problem is that there are no real private equity buyers that would fit the bill due to the LM/NG contract which by default needs to be done in Australia due to off-set requirements and being a strong partner to the US. With the cost of employing people in Australia, this is always going to be a challenge.

To get work using the Quickstep process really needs a solid and steady spend on R and D and in particular D relevant to a specific project. It's not a matter of dropping a file into a CNC machine in Delhi and making crankshafts for Detroit.

With a market cap of $25m the real issue is buyers on ASX are just not interested. Now if you could change the US$ vs AU$ and get a win on the exchange rate that would help a little, but even then a lot of materials are bought in US$.

Sorry if I sound negative, I'm not trying to be as I would love this to be flying.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $16.13M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 23.0¢ 21.5¢ $30.79K 139.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 21958 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.21pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QHL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.