QHL 5.00% 19.0¢ quickstep holdings limited

FWIW I did some reading into Triumph a while back, as their SP...

1. 292 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    FWIW I did some reading into Triumph a while back, as their SP was so beaten down and I was considering investing in them (I haven't yet).

They are a big aerospace player (FY19 revenue guidance = $3.3 Billion USD) and have had a tough time in recent years. They got new Management, whom announced a turnaround plan a couple years ago and they've been aggressively pursuing it (and have made significant progress - much like our QHL actually). They've been divesting a lot of underperforming business, but still have a lot of work to do, to get this Co. back on track. Eg. FCF guidance for FY19 is (-)200 to (-)250M USD - so it's still quite the dog (but less of a dog,  than it was). If anyone's interested, the 1Q19 TGI presentation is here (Slide 6 includes QHL logo referencing composite materials, with the heading "Focus on the Core"):

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4196323-triumph-group-inc-2019-q1-results-earnings-call-slides

Where this relates to QHL, is that TGI Management is actively looking for ways to improve their business. Reading between the lines and based on the QHL/TGI announcement “Working together with Quickstep, we expect to gain access to new opportunities and create market leading discriminators that will set us apart from our competitors,” said Ian Reason, Triumph Group’s Vice President for Business Development – Military.  I assume this is detailed consideration of Qure? I am speculating, but what else could this be? As we all know, QHL actively promote Qure as a potential game changer in fabrication - quicker production times (which would mean 'cheaper parts fabrication', assuming this was scaled) and better material properties, versus conventional autoclave. So if a big aerospace player, in the midst of a turnaround is looking for differentiators and cost savings, this's a great potential development for QHL!

Too early to get excited about this (it'll take years), but it's certainly a good thing from QHL's perspective.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
-0.010(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ $14.23K 72.29K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 40000 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 12656 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.01pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QHL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.