NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

I wonder how 'strategic' can you get...

1. 4,293 Posts.
    I wonder how 'strategic' can you get ?...

http://www.miningmx.com/page/special_reports/mining-yearbook/mining-yearbook-2013/1634757-Cash-flow-credibility-Mark-Cutifani#.UkLoOH_YzBs

Cash-flow, credibility & Mark Cutifani
    David McKay | Wed, 25 Sep 2013 08:35

"Analysts think Cutifani could revolutionise Anglo, principally by changing its structure and altering the group’s relationship with its subsidiaries such as Kumba Iron Ore, De Beers, and perhaps most meaningfully, Anglo American Platinum (Amplats)." cont

and....

"“In an interview with John, he basically told me this was what he thought Anglo’s strategy should be,” said Cutifani who then pointed to a blank piece of paper. In other words, it was Cutifani’s to write. " cont....

and later....

"One of the potential obstacles Cutifani will have to face is how the South African government can be persuaded to support changes, especially to Amplats. President Zuma’s administration has already shown itself willing and capable of directly intervening in Amplats’ affairs by persuading the platinum firm to phase differently its proposed restructuring of its Rustenburg operations.

“It will depend on the proposal,” says Michael Kavanagh, an analyst at Noah Capital. “I don’t think the government will allow Anglo to drop Amplats. At the same time, Amplats will certainly need capital so I’m not sure how it can stand alone without coming back to the market,” he says.

There’s also the risk that as a standalone entity, Amplats may be harder pushed to cut back costs which could mean more restructuring. This is surely not a popular political position for Amplats to be in. "continues

Quite a few analysts have some ideas, imo.
    could we write a request, re a Paja, on that blank piece of paper ??? ie get arses into gear...
    Sounds like their plat side is up for grabs or good ideas..
    Who would have predicted that twelve months ago..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.