LYC 0.77% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

news release

1. 18,221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1009
    MEDIA RELEASE
    Following a scheduled Board meeting and subsequent tour of the Lynas Advanced Materials Plant (LAMP) in Malaysia this week, the Directors of Lynas Corporation (ASX:LYC, OTC:LYSDY) wish to confirm that commercial production and sales of Rare Earth Oxide (REO) products at the Lynas Advanced Material Plant (LAMP) in Malaysia for the March 2014 quarter will both be higher than the December 2013 quarter, consistent with guidance provided by Lynas at the end of January 2014.
    Chairman Nicholas Curtis, noting the decline in the Company’s share price since the release of the half year Financial Report on 11 March, said: “I wish to assure shareholders that while LAMP has been slower to ramp up than we would have liked, recent production is beginning to demonstrate sustainable momentum.
    “With one week left in March, I am delighted to say that we expect to report record production and sales volumes for both the month of March and for the March quarter.
    “I also wish to affirm our guidance of achieving the target 11,000 tonnes per annum production run rate during the June quarter.”
    An Operations Update detailing production and sales volumes and average selling price for the March quarter will be released to the market on 1 April. This is in accordance with the Company’s practice in recent quarters of providing preliminary data as soon as practicable after the end of a financial quarter. Further updates will be provided in the Company’s March 2014 Quarterly Activities report, which is expected to be released on 30 April.
    For further information please contact Alan Jury or Alistair Reid on +61 2 8259 7100 or visit www.lynascorp.com
    For all media enquiries please contact Cameron Morse from FTI Consulting on +61 8 9485

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.