S32 2.05% $2.98 south32 limited

News: S32 South32 hires RBC for Botswana copper bid -source, page-7

1. 394 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 602
    It's an interesting topic and fun to speculate. Everyone in the industry must have seen the graphs and data we've seen which shows a lack of investment, huge upcoming demand, and low stockpiles. I can only imagine how many expressions of interest there will be for Khoemacao. We'd have a fight on our hands to get it. Have to be lucky sometimes / have to be in it to win it, etc. etc. I can't see GK and team paying over the odds to get it though; which may be required if a dozen or more mining companies around the world are bidding.These types of assets don't come on the market very often.

And I struggle to see us buying this mine, then taking over SFR shortly thereafter!

Perhaps a joint venture purchase bid with SFR would reduce risk for both parties and still create synergies.

Every time I look at a mining newsletter or news article lately, there's another Glencore acquisition story. They seem to have unlimited funds and appetite for m&a! No doubt they'd be looking at Khoemacao.

The thought of S32 owning a copper asset already in production is very appealing. S32 -- a one-stop shop for decarbonisation metals. Meaningful copper exposure (not just 3%); plus manganese, zinc, silver, nickel and aluminium. That's a very unique basket of commodities, diversified across a number of different jurisdictions.

I can imagine most shareholders would think as I do if a capital raising was required: Just shut up and take my money !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
0.060(2.05%)
Mkt cap ! $13.49B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.96 $3.00 $2.94 $64.85M 21.56M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 40000 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.98 772688 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.