S32 1.35% $3.66 south32 limited

It's an interesting topic and fun to speculate. Everyone in the...

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 597
    It's an interesting topic and fun to speculate. Everyone in the industry must have seen the graphs and data we've seen which shows a lack of investment, huge upcoming demand, and low stockpiles. I can only imagine how many expressions of interest there will be for Khoemacao. We'd have a fight on our hands to get it. Have to be lucky sometimes / have to be in it to win it, etc. etc. I can't see GK and team paying over the odds to get it though; which may be required if a dozen or more mining companies around the world are bidding.These types of assets don't come on the market very often.

And I struggle to see us buying this mine, then taking over SFR shortly thereafter!

Perhaps a joint venture purchase bid with SFR would reduce risk for both parties and still create synergies.

Every time I look at a mining newsletter or news article lately, there's another Glencore acquisition story. They seem to have unlimited funds and appetite for m&a! No doubt they'd be looking at Khoemacao.

The thought of S32 owning a copper asset already in production is very appealing. S32 -- a one-stop shop for decarbonisation metals. Meaningful copper exposure (not just 3%); plus manganese, zinc, silver, nickel and aluminium. That's a very unique basket of commodities, diversified across a number of different jurisdictions.

I can imagine most shareholders would think as I do if a capital raising was required: Just shut up and take my money !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.66
Change
-0.050(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $16.57B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.73 $3.73 $3.60 $56.87M 15.57M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 348810 $3.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.66 22679 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.