S32 0.78% $3.82 south32 limited

That podcast / YouTube channel mentioned could be excellent. The...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    That podcast / YouTube channel mentioned could be excellent. The production quality is high and the three hosts seem knowledgeable. But I find the deliberate yobbo / bogan vibe and style gets old very quickly; and it's too hard to separate the hyperbole from cold, sober reality. After three attempts I've avoided checking out their material again. It's not for me. Way to sabotage your own show, guys! Although people seem to enjoy it judging from YouTube comments, so perhaps I'm in the minority l, and too old and cantankerous to enjoy it.

I haven't heard anything positive or optimistic from the brokers about S32 for a long time. Despite that, there doesn't seem to be dislike or hatred. My suspicion is expectations are very low. So we could afford to produce a poor half yearly without much surprise. We've been in a trading range for months. Each time we look to break below $3.15 the shares go up, then hit a ceiling and come down again. It won't last forever.

We've got about 8 commodities, a number of mines in a number of countries. Plus Hermosa, the extra copper line at Sierra Gorda, China demand, and potential cost overruns. Potential M&A. A lot of moving parts -- all of which could affect profitability and guidance. We're not Fortescue or Pilbara Minerals with a mine and a single commodity. Analysts can't even agree on end-of-year pricing for any one commodity.

At the end of the day, it's only higher commodity prices which will change our fortunes. I continue to trust GK and team to deliver on the operational side of the business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.82
Change
-0.030(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $17.30B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.85 $3.87 $3.80 $37.06M 9.689M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 129199 $3.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.82 139242 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.