S32 0.93% $3.20 south32 limited

News: S32 UPDATE 1-Norway fund may have to offload $1 bln stake in Glencore in shift away from coal, page-2

1. 5,546 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1379
    Bids for the sale of S32's SA steaming coal assets are imminent in a publicly announced auction. The Norway SWF will then buy back in to S32 as a cashed-up pure-play metals house with a side order of metallurgical coal. I wish these green campaigners would actually research the companies they hold such strong opinions about.

Don't get me wrong, we do face anthropogenic climate change and need to change our ways. However, it is deeply disturbing to see honourable and idealistic environmentalists ally themselves to anti-capital Marxists with a division and chaos agenda. This unholy alliance only nourishes extremists on the right.

I want an electric car, the crossover is two-three years away. I am NOT going to ride a pushbike in the meantime.

Australia will never build another coal power station and is unlikely to build new gas power. The miners are itching to get electric trucks underground to improve mine air quality and lever their superior torque. To make the switch to a clean future requires specialty metals, not hand-hoed organic agriculture.

I wish everyone would behave with a bit more maturity.

Ash

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.20
Change
-0.030(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $14.49B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.23 $3.24 $3.17 $36.86M 11.53M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9235 $3.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.20 120722 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.