BHP 1.92% $45.60 bhp group limited

1st point - quick settlement is a good settlement. 2nd point -...

1. 5,617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1478
    1st point - quick settlement is a good settlement.
    2nd point - BHP as a responsible corporate citizen must reinstate it's image so needs to ensure that Samarco prioritises generously the victims without delay. FOOD-HOUSING-LIVING EXPENSES-HEALTH CARE- THE LOT! No tight arsing on this issue and make sure they have their people ie BHP people on the ground ensuring the victims are treated with the utmost dignity and respect. Unlike the Samarco pigs shown on 4 Corners. Don't ever want to see the BHP CEO having to um and ahh again. Just do it and do it quick. Even better have independent international watchdogs presemt to ensure the victims voices are heard and actioned. I was sickened to see the innocent and powerless victims virtually begging for their rights. You reckon it's bad dealing with an insurer in Oz? Imagine what they're going through over there. From a business perspective BHP needs all the good press it can get and hopefully when 4 corners and the rest of the worlds press comes monitoring the situation it will be BHP that can point out the progress and achievements made.
    3rd point - happy to see CEO pledged to safety.
    4th point - Can't see why BHP should wear half the debt. Seems logical to me that Samarco far more weighted with Vale employees and that it was Samarco execs that have been arrested.  So maybe agreement reached between Samarco and Brazilian Govt but that doesn't  mean that as between BHP and Vale that apportionment of blame is 50/50. So wait on that one ...might even be favourable to BHP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.