News: Saputo ups stake in WCB again , page-13

1. 2,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 330
    Fonterra have a 25 year franchise agreement with Bega which started in 2001, so no they don't own the brand.

191 m/l.

Of course extra capacity is trucked to Bega. Of course BGA has more production in Victoria that is natural with around 60% odd of Australian milk produced there. Its a pity you forget about the other production plants such as baby formula etc. All just part of a growing diversified business.

Maybe read a few reports for your enlightment.

Newry2 you are obviously very passionate about MG, but like most passionate people you only see the side of the story you wish to see.

Deregulation of the industry is one example, Victorian farmers pushed hard as it was all in their favor and could only see their side. As my old man said recently we are now nearly getting the same money for milk as we were before deregulation.

Gurubob I think has got this right, Saputo has won. But of course everyone,ACCC, second rate leaders etc, BGA for selling their shares to Saputo will be all wrong and the worst people under the sun according to you.

But maybe, just maybe they have the blinkers off, have taken an overall view and come up with the best outcome for them and probably the industry rather than MG having a monoply on Victorian farmers.

With all due respect, I am sure you will disagree but such is life and co-ops are not the be all and end all of the industry and i am sure Saputo will get along fine, they have very deep pockets.

Been fun, but last person out,turn the lights off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BGA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.