SGF 1.02% $2.98 sg fleet group limited

I feel the same. Ironically I had just been revisiting my...

1. 25 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    I feel the same. Ironically I had just been revisiting my research on SGF yesterday morning when the announcement came through, so I decided to top up as well. I believe that Ayvens have sold 75% of their holding, so if they decide to sell the remainder, there may be some further volatility, but the announcement included a mention that they are continuing to experience positive operational trends, so you would think that 1H24 result should be reasonable.

While they carry a fair bit of debt to finance the fleet, the majority of their debt is fully hedged ( as per their financials) , which makes sense as they are lending most of it in the form of a fixed term vehicle lease, so logically you would hedge those borrowed funds that fund the lease for the same term. Should rates increase, then they would simply write new leases at the new rates at the time and hedge accordingly. I don't know of course that this is what they do, but it would make sense to me if they did. The effect of interest rates on their results then comes down to more the effect of those rates on general economic activity and the number of leases then written, rather than the direct effect of the cost of the increased interest itself.
    Anyway as you say, we'll see what happens.

As usual DYOR. when making investment decisions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
0.030(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.019B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.96 $3.01 $2.92 $1.990M 670.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4826 $2.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.99 4826 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.