SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

This is such flawed reasoning it is scary. The other common...

1. 263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    This is such flawed reasoning it is scary.

The other common theme to those points is that after a quick spike the price trended back down. So yes, if you somehow got the timing perfectly right then you could have made short term profits but as HK1 also said, the overall trend is down. Just like it has been for the last few years.

On 4, the point I was making earlier is that debt holders are in the box seat. If they believe there is a high probability of SGH winning this suit (again I think this unlikely) then they can engineer the company structure so that the profits flow to them. It could be in the form of a D4E swap or it could be renegotiating the term structure of the debt. Either way, as a current equity holder ask yourself what do you contribute to the mix now? What value do you offer in fixing the balance sheet and getting SGH back on track?

Equity holders are a small percentage of a dangerously over-leveraged business. You are living in dream land if you think that you will walk away with any significant value in the new SGH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.