SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

If this had even the slightest chance of winning, shouldn't the...

1. HK1
    590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 229
    If this had even the slightest chance of winning, shouldn't the market capitalisation of SGH have increased today by more than just $7m. Afterall, the lawsuit is for over $1b. Over 16m shares changed hands and the price just crept up to 10.5c, the same place it was a month ago - hardly compelling. But the star evidence is SGH itself of course, as we all know how confident they were in their due diligence and from one of the articles: "In November last year, Stefan Borson, who became general counsel of the company when it was renamed Watchstone, told The Lawyer: “Given their intimate knowledge of the industry and deal experience, they were rigorous in their due diligence and we allowed them and their advisers the access to carry out a full process."

I still think that this suit is just a fishing expedition with regards to the escrow, to help put some pressure on them. I would think that at least some of the escrow money is a better-than-reasonable chance of coming to SGH. But that is an entirely separate issue to this possible lawsuit.

I applaud your bullishness, but SGH is still in the hands (and at the mercy) of the Primary Senior Lenders. Other issues, such as this, are merely background noise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.