SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

News: SGH Watchstone Group says received correspondence from firm of solicitors for SGH, page-97

1. 213 Posts.
    Walkingeagle, I would read 'merits' as meaning justification and 'quantum' as value. They appear to be saying that they want SGH to disclose 'key evidence' that is relevant to the justification for and the value of the 'purported claims' - not that they have no idea what the 'purported claims' are. The term 'key evidence' seems to indicate that they have a fair idea of what they want SGH to disclose. The fact that they use the word 'purported' to describe the claims seems to indicate that they have knowledge of and disagree with the claims. It would be difficult to disagree with something that you have no knowledge of, would it not?

SGH won't give WTG any key evidence until they are required to do so as this will give WTG less time to prepare. That's just how these things work and doesn't mean that SGH are fabricating anything or trying it on. I think that the "Opinion" obtained from the independent barrister is meaningful. Implying that the escrow claim (individual and separate from the 'fraudulent misrepresentation' claim) is bullsh*t also implies that the "Opinion" is bullsh*t. That's completely dismissive and unfair in my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.