SIG 1.59% $1.28 sigma healthcare limited

Am sorry, but in my view WES and API bears no resemblance at all...

1. 1,694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2008
    Am sorry, but in my view WES and API bears no resemblance at all to SIG and CW.

l accepted WES offer after the proposed merger between API and SIG failed. The entire proceeds were added to SIG as the next move of consolidation was, in my view, just a matter of time. Which brings SIG to where it is today.

With a 40 year grounding in the operation of pharmacies and wholesale PBS distribution chains.

The Pharmacy Guild has fought for decades to prevent medicines (not cosmetics) from being distributed as commodities.

I can see the ACCC leaving this deal alone just as l see it being vetoed. I am agnostic to their view.

The issue l raise is that uncertainty, and or reselling conditions placed on the entity, can seriously impact the share price.

The closing auction on Friday at $1 was too good for me not to sell another line of stock into, whilst holding a mountain of 70c calls.

l expect 2024 may see my full exit from the Aust pharmaceutical sector. It is all but gone already. The final demise of its integrity will be the Guild surrendering to Coles and Woolworths as dispensing channels. So be it.

There is little room left in this world for personal service or client care. The bottom line is now king and some shareholders would sell their mothers if it would help.

If l sound nostalgic l am.

The seriously misrepresented conflicts in the world today and the naivete of millenials to the lessons of history and gate will probably end badly for them. Many of our fathers who died in world wars would turn over in their graves. But who cares any more?

The same is true in the financial world where titans of industry have been replaced by mercenary guns for hire.

Bring on 2024. Although no causal economic problems or challenges have been solved, euphoria reigns in markets.

As Prince damously utturered "Let's party like its 1999" and ignore about what followed.

l am looking very forward to watching the 21st century remake. And if the 2024 production is delayed, l am happy to wait until 2025 for an even bigger reality check to teach Gen X and Y, markets owe investors nothing. Investors on the other hand owe markets and risk, some respect.

Here endeth the lesson.

GLTASH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.28
Change
0.020(1.59%)
Mkt cap ! $2.080B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.29 $1.26 $3.296M 2.581M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 84753 $1.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.28 3446 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SIG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.