SNL 0.31% $22.60 supply network limited

"Today SNL reached an all time high of A$7.00 on volume of...

1. 16,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8044
    "Today SNL reached an all time high of A$7.00 on volume of 5830."

Not sure there is anything overly remarkable about $7.00, or any other price per share, for that matter... its merely a somewhat arbitrary number.

To more fundamental matters, from one of your earlier posts, I copied this:

"Recent rains in many agricultural regions of NSW have given farrmers and graingrowers confidence, and there may - I stress 'may - be some rain (much needed) in western and northern Victoria this month. In time, if crops are reasonable, that means more trucks conveying grain to railheads, and hence greater demand for truck spares."

At the risk of being accused of cross-promoting, this macro-thematic tailwind has been well articulated by another company also benefiting from this dynamic, namely national tyre distributor, NTD.

For its part, NTD is trading on valuation multiples which are a fraction of SNL's. But caveat emptor on that one, because NTD has an issue with customer concentration risk. But even despite that, it still looks to me like an undervalued booming ag. sector play.

SNL is the far superior quality business, but then again, at ~22x P/E and close to 14x EV/EBIT, its being priced that way, while NTD, @~5x P/E and <4x EV/EBIT, strikes me as being priced for being a worse business than it really is. [*]

[*] Valuation multiples based on FY2022 prospective forcasts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SNL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.60
Change
-0.070(0.31%)
Mkt cap ! $960.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.59 $23.00 $22.55 $188.2K 8.277K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 220 $22.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.75 264 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SNL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.