SWM 5.13% 18.5¢ seven west media limited

BlackAberdeen, Thankyou for posting thisOpinionarticle: "Just...

1. 1,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112

BlackAberdeen, Thankyou for posting thisOpinionarticle: "Just how much trouble is Seven in? (Answer: A lot more than you probably realise)With Seven West Media's share price at an all-time low and debt pile close to an all-time high, the company's ASX update yesterday revealed a tough outlook for 2020." Mumbrella's Tim Burrowes asks what next for CEO James Warburton.February 19, 2020 9:01

I am not sure who the author is and what of his record.

The first thing I look for in any article is the date: 19th Feb just before COVID 19 became real and all was shut down. The reality is now a lot different since the article does not realise how mangled the economy has become. Now, the only successful strategy for all TV is to have sports on the screen and build programming from there. What programming do the other TV channels have ( that seven competes against) to pave their Ad road with gold? I like the " charging bear" analogy: you only have to run faster than the person next to you to escape and Ad dollars are the ticket forward. That said, as does the article, competition wins like Ash Barty in tennis are often short lived. Since the AFL startup is a big winner now, Channel 7 must hope the Big Bash can carry this forward

I should say up front it gives good insight into the new CEO and the difficulties of the turnaround he must achieve in this. I have to acknowledge from the moment I heard he was the the new CEO that I was biased slightly in his favour.

Ideas that were sprouted by Warburton include single national point of sale, magazine sales, broadcast programming, lower debt and all seem on the ball. correct me if I am wrong. I should say though that Ad dollars and the momentum IMO is very important. You may recall Channel 9 was "Still the One" for about a decade with Stokes only winning after much trying.

Before this post gets too long, it is IMO that economic startups by governments (Sate and Federal) around the world is eventuating because lockdowns like ours and NZ do not work in parallel with strong economies. This is where Ad dollars are in jeopardy for all TV stations and is why the article is just out of date. It just needs to be rewritten in terms of its content. This is not to say SWM do not have problems.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SWM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
-0.010(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $284.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 18.5¢ $420.9K 2.178M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 420101 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 340951 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 2.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 18.5¢ 651170
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
SWM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.