SYA 5.26% 3.6¢ sayona mining limited

News: SYA Sayona Mining Advises A Quebec Minister Issued Press Release Regarding Authier Project, page-121

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    Hey folk's - Tough day at the office to say the least , and so many great posts. Have enjoyed reading them all - whatever you position may be. Its truly amazing how times of crisis always seem to bring the best of of Aussie's. Hope it does the same for our BOD in dealing with all the issues over in the land of snow and ice. I've got some great info for you folk's but I won't inundate you all with it now as i reckon now is probably not really appropriate......nevertheless, I think you will all like it but at this stage it looks like there may be a wee bit of time between drinks and as you all know I much prefer saving the best bits till last. In the meantime, I will leave you with just a few bullet points extracted here and there in order to assist and help you manage your way through and put this all in perspective. Note that dates and figures may have vary and so have bracketed more current figures where applicable :-

In 2011, GDP related to mining operations represented $2.9 billion ( 2.56 billion in new projects alone in 2017 ) , equivalent to 1.0% of Québec's GDP. The mining sector plays a strategic role in Québec's external trade. Mining exports in 2011 stood at $2.4 billion, nearly 4.0% of Québec's total exports. When primary metal and non-metallic mineral manufacturing are added, exports in the mining sector reached nearly $16 billion in 2011, one-quarter of Québec's total exports. Mining operations are extensive in certain regions, mainly in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue, Côte-Nord and Nord-du-Québec regions, where they create numerous jobs. All told, in 2011, mining operations supported nearly 17 000 direct jobs. On the whole, nearly 34 000 jobs ( more or less the same in 2017 ) are directly or indirectly linked to mining operations

Mining investments are a key issue in Québec The mining sector's contribution to Québec's economic growth depends directly on the investments made in the sector.

Québec’s leeway regarding the mining tax is constrained by several factors. — In this battle of competitiveness, Québec must overcome a certain disadvantage because of the geological nature of its deposits. The costs of exploration, extraction and development of mining resources are higher than for our major competitors because ore is less concentrated.

More responsible exploitation of mineral resources The government wants Québec to develop its mining potential in a spirit of respect for the environment. It is ensuring that no mine site will be abandoned. The financial guarantee provided by mining corporations will cover 100% of the cost of restoring the mines that they operate. Moreover, a mining lease may not be issued unless the corporation has obtained environmental authorizations.

A transparent regime It is essential that Quebecers be able to assess the benefits that they derive from mining operations. Throughout the world, a growing number of jurisdictions are adopting new legislative provisions to disclose the payments made to governments by mining corporations operating businesses in their territory. In Québec, most of the information of a financial and a tax nature that the government possesses in respect of mining corporations is protected by the Mining Tax Act and the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information. Quebecers are entitled to know the benefits due to them stemming from the exploitation of their natural resources. The future Mining Act will include provisions that significantly enhance the transparency of mining operations: — the annual mining tax paid by each mining corporation will be made public; — information on the tonnage mined will also be made public.

So there you have it folks. In a nutshell and spelled out very clearly . And in my mind it does say to me that this is far from over by any stretch......

By the way ....and in case anyone is interested......I'm O.k. I picked another one of my x = multiple buys up at 3.1 today .....and adjusted my largest Buy down to 2.6 ( as my orders are always day only ) , so I'm now completed and absolutely up to my neck in this , however well positioned I think for the ensuing trade.

Finally, I will leave you with this final pic .

To: Our BOD - take note the natives are now getting restless and that's me in the background with the stunned look on my face ( wonder why ) and the ' lilly white' Canadian complextion .....standing with I think is Bee's cousin ....and I don't know who the other guy is .....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
-0.002(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $370.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.7¢ 3.5¢ $2.158M 59.44M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2625000 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 5881377 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.