SYA 0.00% 3.3¢ sayona mining limited

News: SYA Sayona Mining Advises A Quebec Minister Issued Press Release Regarding Authier Project, page-123

1. 1,324 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 496
    I have been in this stock for over a year now having bought a substantial holding in the early 3's. I think what we are seeing now is a sell down on weakness (due to capital raise) and what looks like a delay in granting of environmental licenses. I would reiterate that this is a delay and not a rejection- SYA are still in compliance with environmental policies albeit there does seem to be some local resistance. Quebec is known to be a mining friendly duristiction ( it's not DRC) and the government need toshow a degree of pragmatism in assessing the benefit of encouraging mining investment. Sayona haven't broken any laws and to date have actively engaged with the locals- this is a fact. What needs to happen now is a balanced debate and both the locals, government and sayona have to meet half way. The recent capital raise provided a useful cash buffer to allow negotiations to take place- sure the short term traders will be disappointed as the expected pending DFS won't allow for a quick 100% gain however, the fundamentals haven't changed and we still have a well versed, extremely experienced mgt team to deal with the on going discussions. IMO water supply in any community should be protected and Sayona mgt owe the community a duty of care to ensure this happens- so long as they do this everything will be ok. I for one wouldn't invest in a company that is socially irresponsible and I believe mgt are of a caliber to see this through.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $339.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.5¢ 3.3¢ $1.005M 29.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
66 19931536 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 1375718 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.