SYD 0.00% $8.72 sydney airport

Massive air cancellations from what anecdotal information I get....

1. 11,748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 583

Massive air cancellations from what anecdotal information I get. In my own case I cancelled a trip to France and Italy for June! sounds a long way off but that's not the whole issue, I am a keen cyclist and follow the Giro and the TDF I expect the Giro to be cancelled and some doubt may even exist over the TDF. My point is that the residue of event disruption or that relaxed summer atmosphere you go on a holiday for, is likely to be very challenging. Yes SYD is in for reduced traffic, I have bought this last week on what I hope has been a little too much panic, I have plenty of time to wait if wrong, but that is my punt knowing a possible lower price is obtainable.

We have seen about a 13 % ish correction on the DOW, perhaps a 15%+ is a number that may reflect better the more historical 13.7% We did after all go into this on a long bull run, of course no one knows anything for sure, but history is often a guide.

Since World War II, the S&P 500 has had 26 market correction (excluding the one that started this week). During those corrective periods, the S&P 500 has declined by an average of 13.7% and has taken about four months to recover. That’s of course if they don’t turn into bear markets, I don't see too many calling for that yet, next week will be informative.

Cheers
    Phil.
    Last edited by philh9: 29/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.