SYR 2.38% 20.5¢ syrah resources limited

News: Syrah Resources receives significant graphi, page-7

1. 8,972 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    re: News: Syrah Resources receives significan... Unawares

Don't worry about initial TGC too much. It might be important for other projects (because they are small) but for one of Balama's size, the economies of scale make such things irrelevant.

Regardless, I could go on a bit about this, but I'll put it briefly.

When it comes to metallurgy, what's important is not the end result, but the costs of achieving that end result. You can have rubbish pre-processed ore that is fine if the metallurgical costs of processing that ore are cheap. On the other hand, you can have good pre-processed ore but which is not economical since the costs of processing is too high.

Using gold projects as an example, consider mid grade projects that are amenable to extremely cheap processing methods (to extract the gold) compared to a high grade but refractory orebody that is extremely expensive to process. The former will probably be viable, while the latter probably won't be.

FWIW my expectation is that SYRs ore will be extremely cheap to process (simple flotation with probably a kerosene collector)...however take that with a grain of salt until official met work has confirmed it.

Cdchi1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $212.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 21.0¢ 19.8¢ $843.2K 4.160M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 332339 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 157107 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.