WDS 3.92% $24.02 woodside energy group ltd

re: News: Tensions mount over Woodside Sunris... Perhaps the...

1. 39 Posts.
    re: News: Tensions mount over Woodside Sunris... Perhaps the wise ones at WPL have decided to let Shell pioneer its FLNG at Browse in the Cyclone belt, take their own risks and see how exactly FLNG operates under the conditions up there. Or in fact how it operates at all. This is cutting edge technology and may well have many, many problems in its commissioning and operation.

Just because Shell are prepared to commit to the plant, doesn't mean it will work! I agree expansion of Pluto is much higher on Woodsides likely agenda.
    Building a gas plant in a country (East Timor) with little political and social stability, and lack of infrastructure poses huge business risks, not to mention massive logistical ones.
    I believe Woodside ARE a good corporate citizen who have done a great deal for Western Australia and the people they employ, interact with (indigenous communities) and the commitment and development of the very industry within Australia that has kept the wolves from the door this past 5 years. They are committed to developing the technology and skills within Australia through scholarships and sponsoring of educational opportunities. Many of the growning band of companies NOW committing to the industry in times of plenty rely on Ex- Woodside trained employees to follow their plans.

I guess they cant be ALL good from everyone's point of view as they do run a business not a charity- but vested interests bagging them publicly about their business decisions for their own motives, even when the regulatory and legal framework they operate in HAS been complied with, seems a bit rough. ( Mind you Dinosaur footprints?? vested interests have not exhausted their own avenues it seems)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$24.02
Change
-0.980(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $45.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$25.01 $25.01 $24.02 $199.2M 8.143M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 3390 $24.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$24.03 400 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.