TI1 0.00% 1.4¢ tombador iron limited

And this from a week ago: 3rd day of Protest in Sento Sé:...

1. 84 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    And this from a week ago:
    3rd day of Protest in Sento Sé: Communities claim paving on road damaged by miningPublished 7 days agoon February 1, 2023By **riel Filiph
    "When it rains, it gets stuck, when it's dry it's a horrible dust". The phrase by Dona Maria Rosa Cruz, 59, well defines the situation that the population of riverside communities in Sento Sé (BA) has been experiencing. Since 2020, with the start of operation of Tombador Iron Mineração, the residents of the territory have not had a single moment of peace. Rain or shine, every day, dozens of trucks transporting the company's iron ore pass through the stretch of the BA-210, which connects eleven communities to the municipality's headquarters, causing numerous inconveniences.

Dust, holes, lack of visibility on the road, risks of accidents, dead animals and no access to the caatinga and water sources. These are some of the problems faced by the local population. “I've been through difficult times on this road, on a motorcycle you can't see anything, who's coming or who's going. It's unbearable, we can't take it anymore”, says Domingos Lima, 55, from the Tombador de Cima community.

The large flow of trucks from the mining company has even interfered with the income and way of life of traditional communities. Seu Raimundo Nonato, 65, from Limoeiro, had to get rid of his livestock. “My farm is here on the side of the road, I was forced to sell my livestock because there was no way for them to drink water anymore, and I was left with nothing. We are only being harmed”, he comments.

Tired of this situation and afraid that the problems would get worse, the communities affected by Tombador Iron Mineração started a protest last Monday morning (30). With two occupation points on the road, trucks and company employees have not been able to travel through the site for more than 36 hours. The main objective of the demonstration is to get the road asphalted, about 100 kilometers long.

“We are suffering, we can no longer make a smooth journey from here to Sento Sé. The fight is for our improvement, we are making a dignified protest. We are people”, said Marismar Vital, 39, a fisherwoman from the Aldeia community.

So far, the communities have not received any feedback on the claim. Representatives of the City Hall and the State Secretariat for Infrastructure were on site. The State and Military Highway Police were also at the occupation yesterday afternoon. At the time, they tried to intimidate and demobilize the protest. However, communities continue to demonstrate until the agenda is met.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TI1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.