ADO 0.00% 2.0¢ anteotech ltd

News to sell on, page-3

1. 1,890 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    Not really close with the R&D information you just threw out.  You need to be careful around how you advise here, as some of the regular posters are pretty up on these things.  The $20m mark, as I understand it is where the rate changes from 43.5% to 38.5%, so acknowledge there is a threshold, but only in that it decreases the offset percentage by 5%.  Kind of different than what you said.  No reason to think the R&D won't continue here in Australia.  There does seem to be some acceptance of overseas findings, however, so you may want to read up on that too.  Pretty sure there are some smart guys thinking about these things at DIAS and ADO.  I'll hold onto my shares for now, but appreciate the warning.

From the R&D Tax Incentive website:
    $100 million Threshold Registration Administrative Arrangements
    With effect from 1 July 2014, a $100 million threshold applies to the R&D expenditure for which companies can claim a concessional tax offset under the R&D Tax Incentive. For any R&D expenditure amounts above $100 million, companies will still be able to claim a tax offset at the company tax rate. AusIndustry has developed guidance to inform companies and their advisors of the administrative arrangements that will apply to relevant registrations. This guidance includes information on what to do if a company registers $100 million of activities and compliance findings by Innovation Australia establish that registered activities are not eligible R&D activities, or ATO compliance activities establish that expenditure on registered activities is not eligible R&D expenditure.
    Change to Rates of Assistance

In the 2015-16 Budget released on 12 May 2015, the Australian Government reiterated its intention to change the rates of assistance under the R&D Tax Incentive to 43.5 per cent for eligible entities with a turnover under $20 million per annum and not controlled by a tax exempt entity and 38.5 per cent for all other eligible entities, to apply from 1 July 2014. The Government indicated in March 2015 that it remains committed to re-introducing legislation to change the rates of assistance. The rates of assistance currently legislated are 45 and 40 per cent respectively.

Overseas Finding Application Deadline
    Applications for Overseas Findings must be submitted during the income year in which the company first wishes to claim the expenditure on those activities. For companies that balance on a standard income year this will be before 30 June. Late applications cannot be backdated and no extensions of time can be given under the legislation.

http://www.business.gov.au/grants-and-assistance/innovation-rd/RD-TaxIncentive/Pages/default.aspx#

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.