BHP 2.04% $39.60 bhp group limited

Good luck to anyone trying to understand the legal system in...

1. F01
    2,780 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    Good luck to anyone trying to understand the legal system in Brazil; I am sure it is just as stable and transparent as their government.

I am hoping this a bit of an over-reaction. After all anyone can ask for anything (anyone want to buy my BHP shares at $1000 each???), but it does not mean they are going to get it. 58 Billion AUS dollars is almost as much as the current BHP.ASX market cap.

Unfortunately I think there will be/is a tendency for everyone to line up with their hand out for a piece of the multibillion dollar foreign company. I believe the Brazilian Government should intervene and put a stop to it. IMO it sends the wrong message to any foreign company thinking of investing in Brazil (come and develop our country, but if you make any mistake (and I am not saying for one second that the dam burst was not tragic), we will ask for compensation for ever....).

Luckily I am LT with BHP and can hold onto my shares indefinitely. That does not mean I like to see them in the red however, so not sure what to do: hold OR sell and renter at a lower price..... hence I have no sentiment at this stage.

As I write, BHP.LSE is down 7.4%, after a drop of around 5% the night before. It is also going to drop significantly on NYS, again after a drop of around 5% the day before. So the million dollar question is, do we follow LSE, NYS, do they follow us, or do we all do our own thing? What will happen tomorrow? I suspect further drop but how far; I would not have picked close to 9.4% drop in one session as happened today!!!

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$39.60
Change
0.790(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $200.9B
Open High Low Value Volume
$39.19 $39.87 $39.10 $371.9M 9.393M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 10101 $39.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$39.60 18075 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.