FAR 4.95% 48.0¢ far limited

Whilst there will remain an ongoing discussion about whether FAR...

1. 940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 307
    Whilst there will remain an ongoing discussion about whether FAR COULD feasibly take on the COP 35% or SHOULD take it on, it's good to recognize that such a potential outcome should not be deemed impossible to deal with. A stand out example of what can be done is another (previously little Aussie)...FMG......

In August 2004 when Twiggy was still trying to get his project off the ground FMG's market cap was just $80million. In December 2004 after a number of "agreements" were announced on contracts and ore purchasing out of China, the cap had risen to $400million. By March 2005, this had gone even higher to $1.1Billion. Today of course FMG is valued at around $15.5billion, is the fourth biggest iron ore producer in the world and this after it was able to pull off financing for its construction to the tune of $10billion.

FAR will not need $10Billion to get oil flowing (I believe the project estimation is around $5Billion, so 50% would be $2.5Billion). If Twiggy could raise $10B (like also Gina Rhinehart with Roy Hill), why couldn't FAR pull together $2.5Billion??

I'm not saying this is the ideal situation for FAR (there will be many differences between the two scenarios) but as with FMG...with the right approach, the right backing, the right timing and the right friends...anything is possible!!

Food for thought

dodds

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.0¢
Change
-0.025(4.95%)
Mkt cap ! $44.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 50.0¢ 48.0¢ $132.2K 269.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 53142 48.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.0¢ 3155 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.