VOC 0.00% $5.49 vocus group limited

News: VOC UPDATE 1-Australia's Vocus Group divides ops into 3 businesses amidst turnaround plan, page-11

1. 11,141 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 685
    I personally don't think much of the retail strategy. Generally the energy biz is an industry that baits customers with a super cheap deal, then ramps the tariff as soon as they can and hope that you don't notice. Not a great biz to be in if you want customer loyalty, as your customers will be more likely to review their hard-won Telco when they feel very surprised at how expensive their power bill is. At that stage the retail strategy might fall flat on its face.

Maybe Vocus can find a way to succeed in that.

Nothing to do with VOC, I think there is room for a competitor to offer a product with a formula of some sort to give the customers some confidence that they are being charged a reasonable amount, and don't need to churn themselves every year or so. I'm still waiting for a competitor to offer something with a formula. Especially with Vocus's more valuable customers, they might be time poor and go for something like that, paying maybe 10% more than the best offers, but not getting trucked over after a year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.