WDS 0.14% $28.21 woodside energy group ltd

Greetings my fellow Woodside holders.The unhinged climate...

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 597
    Greetings my fellow Woodside holders.

The unhinged climate alarmists will say anything, no matter how preposterous. They don't seem to care how inconsistent many of their claims are. To my great surprise, Anthony Albanese so-far seems like a lone, sensible voice, an advocate for Woodside, and for our low-emission products. I almost wish I'd voted for the guy

Case in point, remember the recent court action trying to stop our Scarborough development?

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4570/4570017-6f07d4cadf2fbd1f2de7470bf11d09c7.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4570/4570020-89d63f6420e0a9ff2372cfea8c25b2b0.jpg

Record coral coverage, but the facts can't get in the way of the narrative. It's amazing to watch the gymnastics some will perform trying to manipulate the story to fit the climate change agenda.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4570/4570054-11ab25ca6a301a920b947e1c49edaa95.jpg

This is what we're up against as shareholders in WDS. Ironically, the more they (superannuation funds) sell parcels of our shares, and the more they (governments) reject drilling and exploration permits, the more valuable our so-called stranded assets become. Forget "Great Barrier Reef" and think "barriers to entry".

As an investor with a very small shareholding in South32, I've been following the discussion on Hot Copper about the sale of our Illawarra coal assets with interest. S32 seems even more woke than BHP. Hey, I'm not complaining; I'm open-minded about my investment choices. Return on my invested capital is my only consideration when choosing investments. I'm all for renewable energy stocks and commodities...if there's money to be made.

According to the recent quarterly report, "no suitable buyer has been found for the coal assets". I take this to mean the coal assets are valuable and virtually irreplaceable given the current investment climate. And that management aren't interested in a fire sale. Rightly so. I suspect this is sort of why the eastern states have a gas shortage crisis. Years of no drilling or exploration permits being issued will do that.

According to Tom from Commsec on last night's market report, the world oil shortage is 2 million barrels per day. Traders can push the daily Brent and West Texas price up and down all they like. But that two million barrel deficit is a physical reality and a gap that I can't see being bridged short of a major recession destroying demand. OPEC increased its quota recently by 100,000 barrels and will likely fail to reach even that modest goal. So let the fund managers sell and the governments continue making it almost impossible for new projects to commence. It's sure throwing up some interesting investment opportunities. I read the same story again and again when researching copper, uranium, coal and other commodities: activists creating huge barriers to entry which affect the supply side.

POO and US/UK energy stocks up last night. Monday should be a positive day for us. Best of luck to Woodside holders. Go Dogside!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.21
Change
-0.040(0.14%)
Mkt cap ! $53.56B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.53 $28.57 $28.21 $128.2M 4.533M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 63674 $28.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.23 18595 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.