WDS 2.23% $26.64 woodside energy group ltd

Buddyjames1990 -I started working for myself in the 1990's, 20...

1. 225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    Buddyjames1990 -

I started working for myself in the 1990's, 20 years went by and I started working in the mining industry for some big companies.
    The dollars were amazing for the little work we really had to do. (I put a ton of money away)
    But i can say with full honesty that every time the union guys started sticking their noses into the workplace, I almost felt sick.
    These stooges constantly talk about their employers as the enemy, everyone needs more pay no matter how crap they are at doing their job.
    I'm thinking... OMG, if only these people had to do some real work on the outside and see how life really is.
    Once again, the stooges cannot comprehend simple performance-based pay increases, it's completely beyond their thinking.
    Thankfully one of the mine sites was union free. They were literally banned from our site by every worker and ironically this was the highest paying mine site I worked at.
    These days I prefer to work for myself again.

You mention "Sniggering from bosses telling us we may be lucky to get 10% over 3 years".. Why do you think you deserve another 10% in the first place ?? I'd love to know your thoughts on that one.

Last edited by LukeinSA: 02/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.