WDS 0.10% $29.26 woodside energy group ltd

News: WDS Sheffield Resources Says Thunderbird Secures Binding LNG Supply Agreement, page-8

1. 1,786 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    Thanks for your reply...after posting to your thesis...I did some more numbers....
    Guess work on most part but also quoting some of their annual numbers.

DCF valuation
    Northwest Shelf US $6,418 = $4.64
    Pluto US $10,886 = $7.80
    Australian Oil & Gas US $4,153 = $3.02
    Wheatstone US $4,535 = $3.25
    Browse US $ 189 = $.13
    Scarborough US $ 5,145 = $3.51
    Americas US $16,023 = $12.06
    Other (including Myanmar, Senegal, Kitimat) US $5,073 = $3.09

Enterprise value US $52,422
    Net debt US $615
    Equity NPV US $51,807

I used these metrics as per OPEC thesis of 3.1 (mbpd) value $ 37.00
    Now they have revised downwards of 2.7 (mbpd) new value $ 30.00

My sentiment as the Barrel falls to lets say $65 for a low point I would place my order for 50,000 units at $24.97
    When the EU winter reality sets in as now it seems clear Putin has won the war, it will be easy enough for $100 pb which of course raises the LNG pricing mechanism as well.
    Of course this is all pin the tail on the donkey gobble gook from OPEC & I think they are questionable at the best of times....

The cash flow profiles of the two businesses are complementary now which is a gift for any company.
    With the stock below NPV.
    So with a DCF valuation using a 9.0% post-tax WACC (beta of 1.4x, pre-tax cost of debt 8.0%) and lets say current oil price forecasts which again I reiterate means little.
    CY22 underlying net profit of US1.82bn, 9% ahead of forecasts which does not mean much of $1.67bn.
    A fully franked interim dividend of US109cps was declared, versus our US88cps estimate, representing a payout ratio of 80% and setting a new record is alway a positive for any company going forward...how ever the SP ran so hard I simply did not buy into it for the DIVS & chose to buy into BHP for divs, sold at $38 then bought into FMG and sold $1 above my buyin price and still collected fmg divs...it made more sense as I read the shortfall in ports inventories for 62% FE.
    Additional capital management does not appear to be imminent for Woodside, with management taking a more conservative view of the balance sheet ahead of growth which indicated to me SP would fall heavily after DIV EX.

Woodside’s definition of underlying net profit of US$1.8bn included US$494m as gain on the sale of Pluto T2.
    Excluding this non-recurring benefit, its fair to estimate underlying net profit of US$1.4bn which was below forecast of US$1.7bn, with the difference coming primarily from additional costs associated with trading.
    Net debt of US$2.3bn was also below forecast due mainly to a true-up payment from the acquisition of BHP Group’s (BHP, Hold) petroleum assets occurring in the half.

The calculation for the dividend comprised 80% of underlying net profit plus a portion of the BHP completion payment.
    The company’s targeted gearing range was lowered to 10–20% (from 15–35%), which appears conservative despite the expected increase in growth capital expenditure which is great.
    Management noted that once the interim dividend has been paid, Woodside would have a gearing ratio of 13% within its targeted range....I love that....
    Management will consider share buybacks and/or special dividends, although these do not appear to be imminent and are likely dependent on commodity prices remaining elevated.

This is why I love this company & in fact everything about it, but it is still over valued from my traders point of view because of sentiment & that alone and being in a trough before it breaks out again.
    My sentiments of course...
    Thanks for your reply & all the best with your trades
    RDD

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$29.26
Change
0.030(0.10%)
Mkt cap ! $55.55B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.25 $29.37 $29.14 $82.84M 2.833M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 30080 $29.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$29.27 1356 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.