WGX 3.92% $2.65 westgold resources limited.

An interesting observation @nordesmic (had not looked at it from...

1. 11,779 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6303
    An interesting observation @nordesmic (had not looked at it from that angle), though I think in this case, considering RMS has also been chasing the asset, that it was more coincidental, I mean... the POG has jumped higher just at the right time, not even WB has that sort of sway on things rolleyes.png

There are real issues with passive money, no doubt, but... if the game now includes it as a deciding factor, you either use its advantages, or your competitors will.

btw - I disagree with you about both WGX/KRR having Tier 3 assets. Particularly Beta Hunt. A 2mtpa U/G mine that is going to produce around 175k p.a is at least a Tier 2. Though of course I do see your point about, albeit, WGX is focusing on what it's best at, mining shortish U/G mines in bulk. Why stray from that. Also, I would argue WGX and KRR are just as good operators as SLR. Both SLR and WGX have recently shut down underperforming U/G mines (I mean, SLR just bought one, then shut it down).

If the deal makes no sense, then may I ask what you think WGX should have done? Same question for Karora?
    WGX has excess cash, Karora needs it. Have you had a chance to look closely at what the exploration at Beta is showing? I think a short mine life is already a non issue and I expect them to double the reserve within the next 12-18 months.
    For what it's worth, I do feel that WGX/RMS in the Murchison make a lot of sense, but... I guess MZ will never give up Mt Magnet.

Finally, if RMS had succeeded instead of WGX, would your overall view be negative?

Appreciate your thoughts and differing opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.65
Change
0.100(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $1.256B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.60 $2.65 $2.60 $8.481M 3.221M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8689 $2.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.66 7872 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.