WHC 0.12% $8.55 whitehaven coal limited

News: WHC UPDATE 1-Lawsuit against Whitehaven Coal's Narrabri Stage 3 extension consent dismissed, page-4

1. RVR
    6,300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2336
    Extract AUST today:
    ‘….While the ruling is a boost for Whitehaven, it does not completely clear all legal challenges to Narrabri. Whitehaven still requires approval from the federal Environment Minister.

The Environment Council of Central Queensland Inc, a green advocacy group, has challenged an assessment from Environment Minister Tanya Plibersek that the third-stage expansion of Narrabri would not be a substantial cause of the physical effects of climate change on World Heritage properties and other matters of national environmental significance. The challenge is expected to be heard in the Federal Court in September.
    Should Whitehaven overcome that challenge, Ms Plibersek would be able to rule on whether to issue the federal green light.

The state Independent Planning Commission already has imposed 152 conditions on the project, including new measures to cut greenhouse gas emissions ahead of approval.

Whitehaven plans to extract coal from the expanded mine at a rate of up to 11 million tonnes of run-of-mine coal a year until 2031
    The coalminer has been operating since 2012 at Narrabri, where it employs 500 people.
    Last edited by RVR: 06/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.55
Change
0.010(0.12%)
Mkt cap ! $7.152B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.57 $8.61 $8.45 $26.66M 3.124M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9310 $8.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.56 4000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.