WOW 1.72% $31.85 woolworths group limited

Trying to promote a process in Australia that wont work simply...

1. 481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 361
    Trying to promote a process in Australia that wont work simply because its is an opposing view is just pure politicising the whole sorry affair. Breaking up the large supermarkets, would be massively disruptive, and do more harm than good, particularly to employees that would lose jobs and shareholders who would leave in droves. It Is a lame brain idea to try and implement now, its something that should have been addressed at the get go decades ago.

You say it probably wouldn't happen any way but is a big stick, in other words lets run with that idea because it wont happen anyway and we can use it try and bludgeon the current government. It wouldn't be hard for the supermarkets to work that one out and call the bluff. Its just piss and wind same as trying to hang price gouging on the supermarkets of which labor is also guilty.

The current codes of conduct are a joke, the supermarkets can twist the rules to suit themselves or simply not comply. A mandatory code of conduct is a good start provided it is enforced, with the big proviso if it is enforced adequately, because then you can actually use a big stick without causing a massive upheaval of our food and grocery sector. In other words do the right thing you don't get burn't .That gives suppliers and primary producers more clout.

You are trying to turn it into a political bun fight, implying I am a labor supporter, there is no winners there. Just to point out the opposition have had more time in government than labor since the 2nd world war but now labor has been in for a half a term they( the opposition) have all the answers to the supermarket problem that existed for decades, labor also has that cross to bear for the periods it has been in power in the past. I support my fellow primary producer in this, not labor, they just happen to be in government and if they support mandatory codes of practice i will allow commonsense to prevail and support it as well not just adopt a tired rusted on oppositional political view point that helps nothing.
    Finally its your communist greens that support the opposition in the divestiture theory, highlights the naivety of the whole idea . Sorry David as Nats leader I thought you were above the BS.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$31.85
Change
0.540(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $38.90B
Open High Low Value Volume
$31.62 $31.85 $31.42 $94.18M 2.963M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $31.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$31.85 2376 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$31.82
  Change
0.540 ( 1.30 %)
Open High Low Volume
$31.64 $31.84 $31.42 553781
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.