WOW 1.40% $34.78 woolworths group limited

News: WOW Australia's Woolworths Group CEO Brad Banducci to retire, page-22

1. 2,730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    I bought WOW upon its float, sold when I retired.
    It has been a great company and it has been loved and respected by our communities until now.
    Its great that they have made good profits and grown each year.
    This is the thing now.
    Most of our small businesses have been crushed by the big boys and shopping options have become limited especially in small communities. WOW is part of this problem.
    The farm sector has been compressed as smaller farms have gone, unable to deal with the big boys. And the bigger farms that are left have been squeezed to the point of failure.
    The dairy industry is a classic example of what has and still happening, by what the big boys did with their $1 milk campaign which put many farmers out of their industry.
    As industries become bigger producers they become takeover targets. So much of our primary industry has become foreign owned and this is not good for Australia.
    The cross subsidies such as Fuel and the Everyday rewards program are very unfair to the people of limited means. Eg those who do not drive.
    How is it possible to have lots of items on half price sales without some one missing out on their fair income. Only if the initial mark ups are to great can this happen.
    We all have a responsibility to look after each other, and that includes shareholders. Its wrong to rip each other off.
    In my eyes our big supermarkets have lost community respect.
    And so have our big banks who are rip off businesses and do very little for the profits, four times higher than ColesWorth.
    Lots more to say but this is not the place to write a book.
    We do not need more inquiries at great expense the issues are well known.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$34.78
Change
0.480(1.40%)
Mkt cap ! $42.48B
Open High Low Value Volume
$34.56 $34.83 $34.44 $94.78M 2.747M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 99 $34.76

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$34.80 626 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.