WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

A gree that it's not something they would do to fake production...

1. 1,300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    A gree that it's not something they would do to fake production figures. It's just something the management would never do as staff can go to jail over this to affect share price. Looking at the situation I guess that they finally left the area of poor ore grade so the mining is only concentrating on the higher grade area. This is why the production figure is high. I attended the online conference of last quarter result and they did talk about new mine development and they needed to worry about the expense and the return of investment. They sound very frank and conservative. Teh share price tanked around 20% on that day. Then weeks later they announce the financing and SPP ... So, they decided to go ahead with the development. It looks pretty transparent.

I am only concerned about the timing of the announcement today and thd extension of SPP. This seems to be timed to get more retail investors to subscribe to the SPP. Today, people respond positively to the announcement. The share price has been beaten up so badly. Theer were two insiders purchases of share son the open market at 2.08 and the size of each individual purchase is around 20 each. I guess when we talk about a staff working at WSA, these personal purchases are not huge but sizeable and showed confidence.

I just hope the share price will be in the money by the time of the share issue at the end of April. This is at least something for the long suffering retail shareholders to cheer for. Also, the money will really help the company invest into the new mines and get things going in the right direction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.