XIP 0.00% $2.46 xenith ip group limited

As expected, the ACCC on 21 March has approved the QIP-XIP...

1. 131 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    As expected, the ACCC on 21 March has approved the QIP-XIP merger. This would provide very good confidence with the IPH-XIP deal unlikely to be challenged either when looking at the ACCC's rationale for QIP-XIP:

... the ACCC considered that firms within a merged QANTM and Xenith do not have the incentive to compete with each other. The ACCC concluded that a merged QANTM and Xenith is likely to continue to face competition from a number of alternative large and medium suppliers.

Now that any doubt regarding ACCC is out of the way (I never believed there would be a problem), its simply voting numbers at the next XIP meeting. QIP will lose for reasons I've stated before. IPH may get its numbers quickly from their current 19.9% to 57.7% if the institutions sell. And why wouldn't they, given IPH's financial track record. Any ex-vendor hold out as you've said will start to feel pressure.

The Griffith Hack ex-vendors as a bloc are the largest group of all ex-vendors holding 24.39%. You only have to look at the 2 March 2017 ASX announcement at Annexure A,and figure out which of the 20 Griffith Hack ex-vendors are no longer working and would less reason to vote against the IPH deal. The same process can be repeated for both the 11 Shelston and 9 Watermark ex-vendors also. Then the numbers start to look appealing for IPH. Each ex-vendor has about 350K to 1.1 million XIP shares.

Still a good arb from $1.80 here until the $2 IPH takeover price.
    Last edited by WanJ: 25/03/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XIP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.