YAL 0.96% $7.33 yancoal australia limited

Yes, what singh2112 said is correct. I believe when Yankuang...

1. 349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    Yes, what singh2112 said is correct. I believe when Yankuang launched the takeover, or at least tried, there was someone on the thread pointed out a law stating all shares will be treated equally.

This means that, any offer made to any shareholder, should be the same. This comes into effect on the day where takeover is announced.

Since YAL didn't announce anything today, we can be certain the buyer will not be Yankuang, or its related party. Market was made aware of the block sale around this time yesterday.

Technically speaking, if it was Yankuang or its related party who bought from Glencore, YAL management would've been made aware by today and release an announcement accordingly during market open today OR YAL going into trading halt today to give time YAL management to clear off any uncertainty that it isn't Yankuang or its related entities.

Now, the next step forward.

A new party has joined YAL as a substantial shareholder with the cost base of $5/share. Clearly they're not going to sell for any figure less than that. People who have been here long enough we are expecting a >$1/share dividend in a few months, possibly more.

IMO this sale is beneficial to us minority shareholders more than anything. To me, it has helped cleared off the uncertainties on the takeover.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.33
Change
0.070(0.96%)
Mkt cap ! $9.678B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.28 $7.40 $7.26 $16.76M 2.287M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1729 $7.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.34 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YAL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.