YAL 0.98% $7.21 yancoal australia limited

Devilmaycare, As Hope posted, the FIRB hasn't approved this. An...

1. 69 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Devilmaycare, As Hope posted, the FIRB hasn't approved this. An old FIRB ruling requires that Yanzhou "quarantine the voting rights of any shares that it holds above 70 percent." See

Foreign investment decision | Treasury Ministers

I'm not sure exactly what that means practically. Maybe nothing.

Too bad there don't appear to be any true large minority shareholders, other than perhaps Glencore, who are aligned with us. Collectively those of us here who own shares have a big enough interest to pay for a lawyer and truly independent valuer, if they end up trying to force us to accept convertible death in Yankuang purportedly worth $5.07 per share.

Yes, maybe making MP's aware of this is a good idea. Hopefully FIRB will be under some pressure too. I don't know the takeover rules well enough to venture a guess as to whether that makes sense right now. Scottyb83 maybe does, and this is what he said,

YANCOAL AUSTRALIA LIMITED (ASX:YAL) - News: YAL Yankuang Energy Plans To Increase Shareholdings In Yancoal Australia, 61682982, page-51 - HotCopper | ASX Share Prices, Stock Market & Share Trading Forum

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.