ZIP 3.30% $1.76 zip co limited..

I see bedger has come back to regurgitate the purple stuff that...

1. 4,028 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 609
    I see bedger has come back to regurgitate the purple stuff that zip "WANTS" you to see.

I must admit bedger you do a good job at painting a rosey picture when it suits your narrative, except its more like a paint by numbers (particularly fluffy purple in this case)

tell us one more time how you successfully shorted zip, you open with that regularly like it give you some master credibility to everything that comes after. maybe some retail newbies will think wow he got it right then so he must be right now.

I agree with you zip has consistently raised revenue margins but the bit you always leave out is this has come from consistent fee increases to the customers. not a healthy situation imo and may plague zip in customer growth.

slightly reducing customers??? imo this is a massive understatement.
    1) USA active customers decreased around 200,00 and while it may not seem like much, a regularly compared competitor AFFIRM increased active customers by 500,000 in the same period. zip is simply falling behind in the USA. they are just not competitive enough to become a major player in the USA as of this moment. they are a minnow in the USA much like several AU bnpls which have ceased to exist imo of course.

2) you claim the "slight" reduction in customer is more "risky ones particularly",,, whist LD & PG would love for everyone to believe its due to their market leading risk management settings there is nothing to suggest it isnt because of increasing fees to its customers pushing them off the network to better cheaper alternatives.
    zip USA -- who the hell wants to pay $4 - $6 on every bloody transaction. this is completely unsubstanable. competition will run all over them. in fact they already are!zip USA active customer are down, competitors active customers are up.

last point, whist I give credit where credit is due, and previously stated zip have managed to bring down bad debts in the USA (now close to other pay in 4 models, about time btw) - which has reflected as a nice fluffy purple mist in group reduction, but unfortunately zip AU bad debts are still massive and not improving on any meaningful scale that I can see.

whats amazing regarding the AU bad debts is they changed the measurement from receivables to ttv when it painted a nice picture last year, now it is going the other way and even PG (i think it was him) said using ttv is not a fair representation for the AU market. way to keep changing the narrative. btw anyone notice when the introduce the new BD/ttv they stopped reporting the bad debt % over receivables (imo cause it was looking bad) now they have started reporting it again when the ttv metric wasnt looking so good.

whist you claim objectivity, you seemed to be covered in that purple ink ignoring some of the reasons for points you make.

btw, I think this is one of zips better reports, would be hard to bring a new big news negative when you have already shut shop in 10 out of 14 regions and ended pipelines like zip traded/trade plus/biz.

its a shame you sold affirm which has now pumped to over 20 and put it into zip. master stroke!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.76
Change
-0.060(3.30%)
Mkt cap ! $1.982B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.83 $1.83 $1.74 $38.58M 21.87M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 168767 $1.76

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.76 292404 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.