HGO 1.59% 6.4¢ hillgrove resources limited

Allan,you say:"Birds Head has been very quiet in terms of...

1. 3,666 Posts.
    Allan,

you say:

"Birds Head has been very quiet in terms of results even though people have been on the ground there for a while now. Wonder why?"

I really am puzzled by Bird's Head. They said at the end of November that trenching samples were due "in the coming weeks", and then... nothing..?

That statement strongly suggested trenching was underway (or finished) and assays were due from WP. If not, it is incredibly misleading.

Well, we are now well into May 2010, some 20 weeks+ later, and still no trenching assays. Let's just suppose the company has received great trenching results... how long do you think they could sit on them before having to release them? There is only so long one can 'analyse' and compile results before the requirement to continuously disclose.

And a general comment - for a prospect that HGO seemed the most bullish on (based on their past communications), WP has seen the slowest progress. Yes, it is a very challenging area, with little infrastructure etc. But still, if you thought you were sitting on a possible Tier 1 discovery, wouldn't they be moving heaven and earth to fast track things there? Even if HGO is a takeover target.

18 months with nothing to show for it but reconfirming Normandy's rock chip samples.

How long should I wait for these trenching results before making a query to the ASX about HGO's statements, and adherence to continuous disclosure rules?

20 weeks? 25 weeks? A quarter? A year?

"coming weeks" is not an open-ended statement HGO can use to the market whenever it suits. Even 'coming months' would've been misleading. Perhaps, 'in the coming year' would've been more appropriate.

These sort of statements only serve to lower the company's trustworthiness. Shareholders need to know that what HGO say is what they mean, OR, if there have been delays then the market needs to be updated.

Y

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.