MAE 0.00% 0.0¢ marion energy limited

I do think MAE has taught me valuable life lessons on the...

1. 1,451 Posts.
    I do think MAE has taught me valuable life lessons on the sharemarket and company workings. Its only because of detailed investigation into MAE and the shennanagins that I would feel confident to invest in the market again.
    Hence they are the main reasons im still interested in MAE because its a good example of how NOT to run a company.

The main lesons learnt would be

1. assets alone dont make a company, management is essential to get value from assets.
    2. Assets are only worth what someone will pay for them. P1, P2 etc means nothing unless someone is willing to pay for them. Production is the best proof of value of an asset.
    3.Always look at the history of management, their past business sucesses and failures give good indication of how they will perform.
    4. Failure to meet targets kills companies and faith in a company. You could be sitting on a gold mine but if you fail to get results its not worth a dime.
    5. the sharemarket is scewed to institutional investors and large market movers, as a retail investor your along for the ride , have no real protections or sway and are generally not going to get as good a info as the big fish.
    6. set targets for stop losses and when you'll take gains. Must have a strategy before playing a stock.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.