GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

re: solar power breakthru Interesting to read Silvia and Gavin's...

1. 202 Posts.
    re: solar power breakthru Interesting to read Silvia and Gavin's name after so many years.
    These two were directors in a company called STA, sustainable technology, which was listed back before 2000. Developed 'smart glass', which was to have changed the world of architecture by cladding all high rise buildings in glass that could halve the heat reflected thru the glass, thus saving heaps on aircondidtioning. Did it work? I don't think so, I have not heard of it on any buildings. They also were heavy into solar power, having developed dyes and processes that increased the power production while lessening the costs. Did they become a big name when listed? No. They did attract some government money for research, then took onboard new directors who wanted to sell info kiosks in pharmacies.... Thus Silvia and Gavin got back their business in a director's buyout for which we shareholders got one dollar to share around. After that, the info kiosk business failed, so the directors changed tacks again, and re-invented themselves as Healthpoint technologies, who now sell video games.
    Always wondered what happened to Silvia.
    I know nothing about DYE, but will read up on their activities.
    Cheers,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.