VIV 0.00% 2.5¢ vivid technology limited

News

1. 7,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 833
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trumps-clean-energy-agenda-fueled-by-chinese-coal/article/2623371

But one thing is for certain, if the U.S. wants to develop commercial clean coal technologies, China will have to be key. The Asian power has invested enormously in advanced coal technologies and is nearing a point where they are becoming commercial, Gellici said.

An area where the U.S. and China lead is on the development of carbon capture, utilization and storage, or CCUS, which take the carbon dioxide from burning coal and turns it into a usable commodity for oil drilling. Gellici said another joint collaborative between the U.S. and China, called the Carbon Sequestration Leadership Forum, continues to hold talks on those developments.

"The U.S. and China have been really leading in terms of CCUS project deployment, and I think that it is important that effort continue, specifically the Carbon Sequestration Leadership Forum effort, which is a ministerial level initiative," she said. "There is still a very strong feeling among industry folks that are participating in that effort … to get CCUS deployed on an international basis," she added. There is support from the coal industry, from the oil and gas industry on that effort, she said. "I think that is critical."

"A lot of new projects [are] being deployed in China" on coal gasification and converting coal into liquid fuels that "might provide a low-cost way for us to improve global knowledge" and might be commercialized sooner rather than later, she said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VIV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.