POS 0.00% 0.4¢ poseidon nickel limited

NEWS, page-513

1. 356 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    Houston: we have a problem:

All these numbers concerning EVs is purely aspirational and irrational.
    In a perfect world we could dig-up sufficient materials to build all these batteries.
    However:
    As most appliances and powertools are now going cordless, those batteries are one-time-only batteries that will go to land-fill as they cannot be economically recycled. In the re-cycling yards they just burst into flames, so cannot be transported: big problem. Big batteries from EVs. different problem and recycling centres are being built.
    However:
    That recycled product is at least 10 years in the future.
    Much speculation about how many new mines needed for perceived demand.
    Again at least 10 years in the future.
    Now:
    With exponential demand, limited and constrained supply along with inflation the prices of Ni, Cu, Co, Al, etc. are also likely to be exponential.
    Therefore:
    The price of these batteries and EVs are likely to be un-affordable to average man in the street, with a battery max life of around 10 years, you would need to depreciate the vehicle at at least 50% in the first year and zero value at year 7. (Google current EV battery prices)
    Are we there yet:
    Every parent knows this whine.
    Can you imagine queuing on the Hume highway in 40 degrees with kids awaiting a slot for a 3/4/5 hour charge with 100 vehicles in front of you?
    The utopia of clean electric power has just turned to dystopia.
    I haven't even started on how polluting it is to make spodumene, bake rock at 900c for a week and then grind and dissolve in acid, then need to treat the waste ...
    Governments of all persuasions around the world have not even considered the logistics, no ICE in the next 10 years: I don't think so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just cynical, I've run the numbers, can't see how any of the hype is justified on a clean green future: unobtainable and un-affordable.
    However:
    There is a massive profit to be made out of these metals,

Just my reading of the tea leaves prior to opening.
    Currently in the UK so ASX opens 1am local time.
    cheers XanaX

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $16.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 26227 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 26226 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.44am 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.