MYL 0.00% 70.0¢ mallee resources limited

News

1. 1,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 214
    30 July 2023

Jeremy Rockliff, Premier

Felix Ellis, Minister for Resources

Government reaffirms support for Avebury

The Rockliff Liberal Government is proudly pro-mining and recognises the important role that the Avebury mine plays for the West Coast community.
    The community can be assured Government has been working closely with Mallee Resources.
    Last week we offered an immediate support package of payroll tax reimbursement. It is also the Government’s intention to make available a further package of payroll tax relief to Mallee Resources. Financial support packages are provided subject to certain terms and conditions in keeping with prudent financial management.
    The Government acknowledges the shareholder vote last Thursday to not accept an offer, which would have provided a funding injection, and understands the company is working to determine next steps. The company is engaging with their majority shareholder and creditor, which is appropriate.
    Premier Rockliff said the Avebury nickel mine is an important employer and economic driver for the West Coast and beyond.
    “While the recent shareholder vote is a matter for the company, the Government is watching this situation very closely. We will keep working with Mallee during this period.”
    "The mine directly employs 200 Tasmanians and supports opportunities for local business that supply the mine with equipment and services.
    "We remain committed to supporting the continued operations of Avebury and securing the important jobs of locals.
    “This offer is a strong show of support for the mine, and we hope it will assist Mallee in securing its future.”
    Minister for Resources Felix Ellis said support was in line with previous commitments to the Avebury Mine.
    “We remain committed to supporting the mine, its continued operations and most importantly its employees,” Minister Ellis said.
    “We are proud to back our mining and minerals processing sector which supports more than 5,200 jobs across the State and provides around 60 per cent of our export earnings. Importantly, under a Liberal Government we have restored confidence and investment, jobs and exploration in mining are all up.
    “We thank Mallee for their commitment to Tasmania, the industry and our West Coast in particular and I look forward to their continued presence on the West Coast into the future.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.